Tattoos are something that is the reflection of your satisfaction with your desire and love. So never let your desire fade out and use the best lotion for old tattoos to keep it alive. You have a nice tattoo, but If you don’t take great care of it, it will fade out with time. Maybe you don’t have the proper guideline to take care of your tattoos, no problem here we are giving you the way out! We are reviewing all possible best lotions for old tattoos. Moreover, here we have added some oil suggestions as well. Choose whichever suits you. Just make sure, you are using the lotion or oils daily. Then observe the differences. Your tattoos will shine as you do! Not making any delay, let’s have a look at the details of the best lotion for old tattoos along with some oil suggestions and details.
Top 5 Best Lotions For Old Tattoos
1. Billy Jealousy Tattoo Lotion
2. Ed Hardy INK Tattoo & Color Fade Moisturizer
3. Samnyte Tattoo Balm
4. After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer & Aftercare Lotion
5. Dr. Pickles Premium Tattoo Balm
Billy Jealousy Tattoo Lotion
One of the best lotions for old tattoos is this one. It contains essential oils, shea butter, green tea leaf, grape seed oil, etc. This lotion is very effective for bringing out your tattoo’s color. Moreover, it has a light rosemary scent. Besides, you can use the lotion daily and make full use of it on your tattoo. You can also add it to your skincare routine but not before 2 weeks of healing.
First, clean your hands. Then, take a small amount of lotion and apply it gently on your tattoo and tattooed areas. If your tattoo is new, don’t touch and scratch it too much.
- The lotion moisturizes as well as softens & smoothens your skin.
- It is applicable for both dry and oily skin.
- Your tattoo will look more enhanced. Because it revitalizes and preserves your tattoo from being faded.
- The lotion also protects your skin cells from the damage of sun and free radicals.
- It doesn’t clog pores.
- Moreover, it has an anti-aging feature.
- The lotion may hurt while healing. So, apply it after at least 2 weeks of healing.
- Applying a large amount of lotion may not help your tattoo from drying. Don’t suffocate your skin by applying too much lotion.
This lotion works as an ointment on your tattoos. So, during the healing process, it might feel a bit painful! But use it according to the instructions, then your tattoos will shine like new.
Ed Hardy INK Tattoo & Color Fade Moisturizer
Another best lotion for old tattoos is this one. This one also contains shea butter, lotus extract, vitamins E & C, hypoallergenic, and tattoo & color fade protector. After two days of having a tattoo on your skin, you can use the lotion. Must use the lotion with clean hands. Don’t take excessive lotion that might drown your skin.
- The lotion softens and also promotes stiffness on your skin.
- It also includes anti-aging effects.
- Moreover, it is an oil-free product that contains high anti-oxidants.
- This lotion boosts radiance by combating free radical damage.
- It protects your tattoos and extends their life and luster.
- Applying the lotion, you can improve your skin appearance.
- It is a unisex lotion and smells like bourbon and honey.
- This lotion keeps your skin hydrated and you use it after tanning too.
- This is easy to apply and you won’t feel greasy. It is quickly absorbable.
- The lotion does not protect you from the sun. Mainly this tattoo lotion that helps you in tanning.
- You cannot use the lotion when your tattoo did not heal properly.
- It does not make old tattoos completely look new.
- You must check the packing. In some cases, people found the pump broken.
If you choose this lotion and if it goes with your skin type, then it’s a must use product! This gives you a smooth, soft and brightening tattoo in a short time.
Samnyte Tattoo Balm
If you are searching for the best lotion for old tattoos, then this one can be your option. This cream contains vitamins, wheat germ, jasmine extract, light stable, hypoallergenic formula, vegetable oils, etc. It also has a waterproof formula. Moreover, this has a rotatable and retractable stick design. But you need to take some precautions about using it. Firstly, always remember this cream is only for external use, and don’t apply it directly to the wound. Secondly, keep it in a cool place and always keep the cap tightened after using the cream. Moreover, use it rotating by opening the transparent cap inside.
- The cream is easily applicable. You don’t need to touch your skin. Just roll it over your skin.
- It has the feature of color intensity along with restoring capability of tattoos.
- You can have hydrated skin which lasts long. The cream is moisturizing.
- This cream makes your tattoo brighten both old (more than 15-18 years) and new tattoos.
- It reduces your swelling, redness, pain, etc.
- The cream also accelerates your recovery.
- You can protect your tattoos from environmental damage.
- Moreover, it makes your tattoo look vibrant.
- If you use it once, it will last for a day as it is waterproof!
- If you keep this cream at a high temperature, it might get melted.
- You cannot use this cream right after having the tattoos (at least wait 3 three days to have the tattoos).
- If you don’t close the cap of the cream, then you may not use it properly next time.
- You may have an allergic reaction if this doesn’t suit your skin (even if it has hypoallergic formula).
After having tattoos, you feel swelling and pain! So, using the lotion may help you in fast healing. You can have a glowing tattoo after using it.
After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer & Aftercare Lotion
This lotion is another best lotion for old tattoos! It is mainly a vegan lotion. Besides, the lotion has cruelty-free, paraben-free along with fragrance-free features. Moreover, it does not include petroleum. It also contains grape seed oil. The lotion is also alcohol-free. There is no natural rubber latex in this lotion. It is also silicones free. But always remember, this is for adults.
- It is easy to apply to your skin.
- According to dermatologists, it is non-allergic and also non-irritant as it contains a hypoallergic formula.
- The lotion is germ-free and dirt-free.
- It doesn’t make your skin dry.
- The lotion protects your tattoo from environmental damage. So, it also helps you to protect yourself from the sun and you can use it in your sunburn.
- It also helps to heal your pain.
- The transparent waterproof feature of the lotion makes it more moisturizing and lasts long.
- It has a super absorbable feature and is not greasy. So, it doesn’t stain on your clothes.
- The lotion is safe and convenient to use.
- It softens and smoothens your skin.
- You can use the lotion very quickly as it is a lotion with good consistency.
- Its smell is great.
- This lotion suits almost all skin types.
- You can use it all over your body.
- It enhances the color of your tattoos.
- You may have acne after using it (so, if it suits you, then make it regular).
- It may seem kind of over-priced according to its performance.
It is kind of a great hand cream too. When you use it with your hands, your hands are also moisturized. It gives you rejuvenating tattoos and brings the color to your old tattoos. Works well for your new tattoos too.
Dr. Pickles Premium Tattoo Balm
This is a good option to pick for best lotion for old tattoos. The lotion is made with all kinds of natural and skin-friendly ingredients. There is no chemical in the ingredients that can harm your skin. Moreover, this lotion has a non-greasy formula. It also contains moisture-rich fatty acids, antioxidant rice-vitamins, Australian grown, etc. Most importantly this one does not include petroleum-filled solutions. And it does not contain unnecessary fillers. This product is for adults only.
- Your tattoos will shine after using this lotion.
- As it does not contain any harmful chemicals and additives, it is safe to use on your skin. It is a completely natural lotion.
- This lotion has a good consistency. So, it makes your skin moisturizing as it contains a hydrating formula.
- Moreover, it softens and smoothens your skin.
- As it does not contain any petroleum-based creams and gels, you will feel no irritation and itching after using the lotion.
- It soothes the inflammation of your wound.
- As the pocket-sized lotion is ideal for carrying wherever you travel.
- You can apply the lotion quickly.
- It saves you from scabbing.
- Moreover, your skin won’t mutate at the tattoo surface as it has an effective protective layer.
- It won’t make your skin feel greasy.
- Using the lotion, your tattoos will rejuvenate instead of dying out!
- It will work on all kinds of tattoos (both old and new).
- You can feel heeled on the new tattoos and also will get help about itching.
- It does not have any. Just be sure it goes with your skin type. That’s it.
The lotion is very reliable to use. I have used this one and it works nice. After applying it, my skin was hydrated and didn’t feel any itching. So, I would say it worth your money.
Some Best Oil Suggestions for Old Tattoos!
Urban Nomads Tattoo Aftercare Oil
I know you are searching for the best lotion for old tattoos but while researching I have found that some oils also work well for reviving your tattoo. My first choice is Urban Nomads Tattoo Aftercare oil. This is argan oil, sunflower special oil. But it also contains vitamins, calendula, chamomile, bergamot orange, nutrients, etc. You can apply this oil to all your body. Its texture is very consistent. The oil has a 100% satisfaction guarantee according to its performance. A small quantity (only a few drops) of this oil is enough for your tattoo. You will have nice and vibrant tattoos after using this oil. Don’t stop using after your tattoos are healed. Because your tattoos might fade up later.
- Your tattoo will get renewed after you use these oil on your tattoos.
- The oil nourishes and pampers your skin.
- It disinfects your tattoo wound.
- The oil has an amazing smell as it is the summation of aromatic ingredients, such as argan oil, sunflower oil, bergamot oil, and almond oil.
- It moisturizes along restores your skin.
- The oil does not include greasy formula.
- You can apply it to your hair as well as your beard. It repairs the split end of your hair. Along with this, it also prevents hair loss.
- It includes no animal testing. So, it is cruelty-free.
- You will have soothing skin.
- Its packaging is also very protective. You will get a fresh product.
- It contains high-quality ingredients.
- Your skin can absorb the oil very quickly. So, if you have full sleeves, you don’t need to worry. It won’t stain on clothes.
- It keeps your skin clean.
- Your tattoos and the wound will feel recovered.
- It provides a natural glow to your skin.
- This oil may seem overpriced.
- Those who have sensitive skins, please be aware of using them. First, check if it suits you. Otherwise, you might have redness, allergies, etc.
Besides the tattoo lotions, this oil is another deserving heal for your tattoos. According to the requirements, you can have a moisturized and smoothened skin with your tattoos. As it is also protective, your tattoos will be safe from environmental effects.
VIVID Tattoo Oil
This oil is my 2nd choice for old tattoos because of its various benefits . This oil contains lots of nutrients. vitamins, extracts including sunflower oil, kukui nut oil, sweet almond, castor, avocado, food-grade, etc. This is natural body oil. First, clean your hands properly and then apply a small quantity to your tattoos. Just use it the way you use a lotion. Besides, try to apply the oil daily on your tattoos. Otherwise, your tattoos might get dried and fade up. It is one of the best ways to take care of your tattoos. After using the product, you will notice the change very quickly.
- Your tattoo may get faded when it comes closer to the environment. Many environmental effects like UV-ray, dust, etc. will make your tattoos fade. So, using the oil, you can prevent your tattoos from fading out.
- It improves the look of your tattoos. Mainly it makes the older tattoo as fresh looking as new. So, it keeps the tattoos clean.
- You will have instant brightened and protected tattoos after this.
- It also moisturizes your skin because of its hydrating formula.
- The oil is light and has a good absorbable feature. So, you can apply it easily to your skin.
- In this product, only natural fragrance is present. No chemical aromas are here. But it smells nice.
- It sharpens the ink of your tattoos.
- If you have body hair, it won’t make any problem. You can also use it with body hair.
- It nourishes your skin deeply.
- The oil prevents the tattoos from drying.
- It makes your tattoos linger.
- It’s oily and a bit greasy. But after applying it, wait a few minutes. Then, it won’t feel greasy.
- As it does not absorb very quickly, there is a chance of the oil getting stained on your clothes.
- Make sure that you got the product properly. Sometimes, because of poor packing, you may get a damaged product. [If you get a damaged product, quickly inform. They will replace the product.]
- The product is a bit overpriced.
The oil may not be budget-friendly. But it provides great facilities. So, buy it if it suits you! Then see the difference!
Stories & Ink Tattoo Care
If you are interested in trying some oil on your tattoos besides the lotion ,then this one is for you! So, let’s know the details of this product. This oil is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, petroleum-free, paraben-free, etc. Moreover, it contains vitamins, anti-oxidant properties, white Lupin seed, etc. Like the other oils or lotion, you can use this as well. Not to worry about it. So, apply a thin layer of oil to your tattoos. As it is called a highlighting oil, it has the quality to highlight. So, after using the oil, your tattoos will be highlighted and glossy. Add this to your tattoo skincare. But use it on the healed tattoos only.
- Like the other tattoo oil, this one also enhances the tattoo color.
- You will have a brightening tattoo while you start to use the oil daily.
- The oil has no petroleum compounds. So, it does not stain on your clothes.
- It is quickly absorbable. So, after applying the oil, it dries fast. It also contains a non-greasy formula.
- The oil gives your skin proper elasticity and firmness.
- It raises the quality of your tattoos.
- The product reduces the scars, redness, darkness, blemishes, stretch marks, etc.
- It diminishes skin roughness.
- You can use the oil on you non-inked or non-tattooed areas on your skin.
- It provides extra hydration formula. Your skin will get moisturized as it contains antioxidants.
- You will have increased suppleness to your skin using the oil. Moreover, your skin will be healthier.
- If you use it daily, you will have clear skin.
- The texture is very light and consistent to use.
- It prevents your skin and tattoos from sun damage.
- The oil will highlight your skin tattoos without even making them greasy. So, you can wear full sleeves.
- You can apply it to all types of skin. But it is great for dry skin.
- The oil sharpens the ink and improves the clarity of tattoos.
- You will have rejuvenating tattoos.
- It will heal and soothe your wound and pain.
- This oil will protect your tattoos from other damages.
- Its fragrance is charming.
- Your tattoos will look more vibrant.
- It adds a definition to your tattoos.
This one is a deserving healing oil for new tattoos specially. You will get vibrant and fresh looking tattoos after using this oil. So, enjoy it.
How To Apply Tattoo Lotions Properly
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers !
- Which ingredients are not good for tattoo lotions?
- Alcohol, petroleum, parabens, fragrances, etc.
- How many times can you apply the lotion?
- Only one time is okay for most of the lotions. But you can also use the lotion 2-3 times a day.
- When should I use tattoo lotion after having a tattoo?
- Avoid using the lotion right after having a tattoo. Wait at least 24-48 hours. But it is better to use it after 2-3 days. At the packaging of lotion, there might be requirements when it’s better to use after having a tattoo. Check that properly.
- What to do if tattoos are over-moisturized?
- Stop using the lotion. Let the tattoo dry below the fan for some time and don’t touch the scars and scabs. Because over-moisturized tattoos can clog the skin cell pores.
- Is wearing clothes over new tattoos okay?
- Loose clothes are okay to wear. Otherwise, you might get scars, pain, redness, etc.
- For washing new tattoos, is there any rule to follow?
- You can wash them 2-3 times a day. You can also take a shower after 4-5 hours of having tattoos. But don’t let your tattoos wet directly. Be careful about it.
Now you have all the details about the best lotion for old tattoos. Using the lotions or oil on your tattoos, make your tattoos as well as skin shine and look more vibrant. So, don’t lose it. According to your skin type, choose your best lotions for old tattoos and order the best one for you. You can use most of the lotions on new tattoos as well. But use your lotion after 2-3 days of having tattoos. These lotions will heal your wound. Moreover, your tattoos will look rejuvenated. So, let’s not make your sign of love fade out. Taking care of them, you can revive your desire! After all, your desires are your priority. Let’s take care of that and enjoy!