Today we are going to give you an amazing tip of how to make honey wax at home. It’s really easy and quick to make. In this pandemic , you are not able to go to parlour for waxing unwanted hair but you can easily try this homemade honey wax recipe at home and get a smooth clear skin. This easy wax formula might help you solve your problem by using only three ingredients available at home. You can smoothly pill off your unwanted hair with this wax and flaunt your body confidently. So let’s get started….
Honey wax is very useful as an all-natural waxing treatment. It helps in exfoliating and moisturizing the skin that are not generally seen after waxing or shaving. Shaving can cause ingrown hairs in coarser hair types, and hair grows very fast, but sugaring pulls from the root, resulting in longer-lasting, more permanent hair reduction solution. The effects may last a long time for about 20-25 days.
How To Make Honey Wax?
The making process is really easy and quick. To make this amazing honey wax we need 3 ingredients only.
- Honey: It helps in moisturizing the skin and keep the skin hydrated. Honey also helps in keeping the skin shiny and glowing.
- Lemon Juice: It helps in bleaching
- Sugar: It helps in making the wax hard and applicable in the skin and to pill off the unwanted hair smoothly.
- Honey ½ cup
- Lemon juice ½ cup
- Sugar 1 cup
The Making Process:
At first, take a fresh pan. Then add lemon juice and sugar. Now turn on the gas and keep the flame at medium heat . Keep stirring for about 2-3min until the sugar gets melt completely. As a result, the mixture will start to get bubble up . Next add honey into the mixture and stir for about another 3-4 min. You have to stir the mixture and keep the flame in medium heat all the time to avoid burning of the wax. Wait for the next bubble and check the mixture color if it has turned golden brown. Finally, if the mixture has turned into the desired texture just remove it from the stove and keep it aside. The whole making process takes about only 6-7min which is really convenient for the people who don’t have much time. Now allow the mixture to be cool for about 20-25 min before using.
How To Check If The Honey Wax Is Ready To Use?
Now you need to check if the wax is perfectly ready or it needs more time.
There are 2 ways to check this. You can use any method whichever is convenient to you.
- To check the temperature, use a food thermometer. The temperature of the honey wax mixture should not exceed 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius).
- Take a bowl with cold water. Then take 1 spoon or less mixture pour into the cold water. Bring it out and check if it is forming a ball and spongy or not. If its not them boil the mixture for about 1-2 min and keep checking the mixture consistency in the way.
Keep In Mind:
If your honey wax becomes very hard and you are struggling to apply in your skin. Just simply add 2 table spoon if water or Lemon Juice in the mixture and boil it again in the medium flame. Experts recommend to use lemon juice .
Prepare Your Skin Before Applying Honey Wax :
Dermatologist advises using a natural soap to clean the area before applying wax. If your skin is oily, you can remove excess oil with a body wipe or witch hazel, according to experts. Moreover, avoid sugaring areas that are sunburned or have irritated, open sores. Therefore, you should also wait at least six days before sugaring if you’re taking an oral or topical acne or retinol treatment.
How To Use This Wax:
Honey wax can be used on the face or the body when the unwanted hair is at least a quarter-inch long. However, it also gets bonus points because you don’t need cloth strips for waxing.
- With your fingers and thumbs, hold the wax.
- Apply the wax in the direction in which the hairs grow.
- With the other hand, pull the skin taut and remove the wax in a rapid, counter-clockwise stroke.
- Always tear the wax away from the skin in a straight line (never in an upward motion).
- Repeat the process in all unwanted hair areas to remove it
- Boom your waxing is done easily at home
- Finally,If you have any leftover paste, keep it refrigerated in a plastic jar to use it later.
After waxing skincare is really important to avoid redness and irritation of the body. So, remove any wax residue with a skin wax remover or warm water once the hair has been removed. You can also use an antibacterial lotion for one to two days after you’ve been waxed. Use moisturizer regularly to keep the skin hydrated and smooth. Most importantly, use Coconut oil to lessen the acidity of lemon juice and soothe the skin. However, if you’re sugaring your underarms or bikini area, don’t exercise or take hot baths for some days as these areas might be sensitive after waxing. You can check our other beauty blogs to keep your skin healthy and glowing.